Workare Ltd was established in 1997 and has since become a major provider of occupational health in South Wales. We are currently based in Bridgend where we have fully equipped consulting rooms and for your convenience we also have a mobile medical unit that can be brought to your premises/site. Lorainne Jenkins is the managing director and is a qualified and experienced occupational health nurse. Before setting up Workare Ltd, Lorainne gained many years of experience in heavy engineering and telecommunication. Workare gained Investors In People accreditation in 1997 and has now achieved its 15 year certificate. We were also accredited by the Construction Industry in 2009 under their Constructing Better Health banner and we were awarded the SEQOHS Accreditation in January 2013. Since 2010 we have also been running a Private Health Care Clinic, for private individuals or companies.
What is Occupational Health?
Occupational health looks at the effects of work on health and health on work which can then become complicated and time consuming for companies to deal with……….. Read more
Occupational Health Practitioner
We have a dedicated team of qualified occupational health staff and physicians to help us provide our services to our customers.
Approved HSE Appointed Physicians
We are fortunate to have on board Appointed Physicians who can provide Asbestos, Lead and Ionising Radiation medicals.
Occupational Health Services
We cover South Wales – Caerphilly, Cardiff, Carmarthen, Bridgend, Llanelli, Neath, Newport, Port Talbot, Swansea.
- Health surveillance – Audiometry/Hearing tests, Spirometry (Lung function), Dermatology screening, Hand Arm Vibration Screening (HAVS), Night worker assessments.
- Statutory medicals – Asbestos, Lead and Ionising Radiation.
- Good practice medicals - Base line medicals, Worker at Height medicals, Confined spaces medicals, Fork lift truck driver screening.
- Alcohol and drug screening - We can screen for 9 common drugs and conduct breathalyser tests for alcohol use.
- Mobile medical screening unit – We have a dedicated mobile screening unit with an integrated noise reducing booth.
- Advice on attendance management and rehabilitation – Advice on the management of attendance and rehabilitation back to work. Also issues related to working within the Equality Act and its requirements.
- Workstation Assessments – We can carry out workstation assessments in line with DSE Regulations and provide the organisation with recommendations for improvement if needed.
Click on the images below to go to the respective occupational health service.