Workare offers an audiometry screening program that can be tailored to meet your requirements.
Why Have an Audiometry Test?
Occupational audiometry is a screening technique used to detect early damage to hearing resulting from exposure to noise. The Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 requires employers to prevent or reduce risks to health & safety from exposure to noise at work.
Employers have duties under the Regulations to:
- Assess the risks from noise at work.
- Take action to reduce the noise exposure.
- Provide your employees with hearing protection if you cannot reduce the noise exposure enough by using other methods.
- Make sure the legal limits on noise exposures are not exceeded.
- Provide your employees with information, instruction and training.
- Carry out health surveillance where there is a risk to health.
Audiometry Test Process
- Examination of ear.
- Test in Sound Reducing Booth.
- Explanation of results.
- Record form for manager.
- Copy of test result and form for GP where appropriate.
Video Demonstration Of A Hearing Test
A useful video from Health Risk At Work about Hearing & Touch