Safety Critical Worker Medicals ( Fit For Work Medicals )
Most main contractors require this to be completed by a SEQOHS Accredited Occupational Health Company.
The term ‘safety critical work’ is defined as:
“Where the ill health of an individual may compromise their ability to undertake a task defined as safety critical, thereby posing a significant risk to the health and safety of others.” (http://www.cbhscheme.com/Press-Releases/Safety-critical-workers)
It is important that safety-critical workers are not suffering from medical conditions or undergoing any medical treatment which is likely to cause sudden loss of consciousness or incapacity, impairment of awareness, concentration, balance or coordination or significant limitation of mobility.
A medical, such as a fitness-for-task health check, as identified in the National Industry Standards for Occupational Health, would go a long way towards ensuring these legal requirements are met.
Workare LTD are accredited with the highest occupational health standard SEQOHS ( Safe Effective Quality Occupational Health Service ) as well as the Construction Industry Standard CBH and are qualified to carry out Safety Critical medicals in accordance with national Guidelines.
Safety Critical Medicals are required for the following occupations among others:
- FLT Driver medicals.
- Driver and Mechanical Handling Equipment Operator medicals.
- Plant Operator medicals.
- Scaffolder/Rigger medicals.
- Roadside (high speed) worker medicals.
- Tunnelling worker medicals.
- Slinger/Signaller/Banksman/Traffic Marshall medicals.
- Confined Space medicals.
- Working at Heights medicals.
Safety Critical Worker Medicals consist of the following
- A baseline SCW health questionnaire to establish any current or previous medical/psychological health history.
- Clinical tests in accordance with Guidelines.
- Plus specialized tests in case of working at heights & confined spaces.
- Drug and Alcohol testing as required.
- The result will be classified as Fully Fit , Fit With Restrictions Or Unfit.
We are Costain , Skanska , Kier Group & McAlpine approved for safety critical medicals!