- It is essential for employees to be fit for work whatever job they do.
- Avoid placing an employee in a job only to discover that they have a medical condition that could be hazardous for both themselves and the company.
- Workare can assist in establishing medical suitability for work.
- A base line medical may help to reduce costs related to claims by employees who may have previously worked in hazardous environments.
Workare baseline medical assessments consist of
- Health questionnaire.
- Height, weight, body mass index.
- Blood pressure.
- Vision screening for near and distance, and peripheral fields
- Urine test for protein and sugar.
- Lung function test.
- Hearing test.
- Standard agility/mobility test.
- Additional clinical tests as required can also be added e.g Drugs and Alcohol.
The average baseline medical takes approximately 60 minutes and we give health advice as needed during the course of the medical.
A health record form is sent to the employer as evidence of the medical being carried out. All clinical information is retained as medical in confidence.